How One Man’s Tragic Mistake Taught Oprah the Importance of Staying Present

Over the years, The Oprah Winfrey Show featured many guests who had recently lost loved ones, including Pete Koutrakos, a man whose wife and pets died from carbon monoxide poisoning after he accidentally left a car running in the garage.

Here, Oprah says Pete’s tragic story and raw display of emotion taught her an important lesson about staying conscious in the present moment.

All month long, we’re celebrating the fifth anniversary of the final telecast of The Oprah Winfrey Show with commemorative online programming, including unforgettable show moments, follow-ups with your favorite guests and never-before-seen footage.

From Around the Web